Thursday, May 17, 2012

Teacher's Day

Yesterday was Teacher's Day in Korea, and WOW do university students take this far more seriously than my middle school boys ever did! I've raved about my class on here before, and they just continue to give me reason to do just that. Last night I went into my class for our third and final period for the evening and found a few of my students missing (I knew they were up to something, since many of my co-workers had already been showered with cakes and flowers from students during previous classes). We carried on with a little small talk until my students returned with a cake and candles. They turned off the lights, sang me some 'congratulations' song and--my favorite thing--turned over all of their name tags on the walls of the classroom to reveal a message they'd spelled out on the back "We love you Stephanie." So special.

They also gave me a little paper signed by all of them, reading the following messages:

"Hello, Stephanie <3 I'm Suin. Happy Teacher's Day. LoL LoL. You are a good teacher! :)" 

"Hello, I'm Gyeong-Taek. Today is teacher's day. I want you have a good teacher's day! Thank you very much, teacher."

 "Hi Step. first I'm so sorry, because I didn't attend our class recently. Second I think that our class so happy for you. End thank you for coming our class. Do Yoon"

 "Stephanie ZZANCT!! Hello Stephanie!!! I'm Eun-Ji. Today is teacher's day. Thanks and I love you. Bye Bye <3"

"Teacher! I'm Leah. Today is Teacher's day. Until now I was very bad student. I did bad thing to me. I reconsidered and From now on I will do study on and on. your teaching is cool and warm. very thanks :)"

 "Hi, Stephanie! When you came in here at first, You smiled with your eyes to us. I thought that your smile is perfect to make us happy. Thanks, about you're class 7's teacher. I love U! Jisu" 

"Stephanie! Hi!! I'm Yeon Jeong ^o^ Thank you <3 I Love You <3 Bye!! >.<"

"Hi, Stephanie! I'm Sun Hwa. I'm really glad to meet you. Although we have almost one month. I want to make awesome memories. After our class ends, I want to contact with you. Happy teacher's day! thanks for your teaching. I love you <3"

"Happy Teacher's Day. Hi Teacher <3 I love U <3 <3 so much ;D ~~ <3 <3 Always thank U my pretty teacher <3 I wish you allllways HAPPY <3 <3 <3 alllways SMILE. You are the Best teacher for me! hihi :) I <3 U! Miju"

"Happy Teachers day! I love you~ Se-Young"

"Teacher <3 <# I love you~:) You are so beautiful. Minah"

"Teacher~<3 Thank you so much! Happy Today! Bora"

"Hi <3 Stephanie! I was fortunate to have a teacher as wonderful as you are. I love you. HyeonJin"

"Teacher I usually late very sorry Teacher I love you! Jang Hyeon"

"Hello Stephanie~I want to express my gratitude mind. but I don't speak english very well. So I'm sorry. but I love you. bye~ I'm Yumi"

"It's such a great pleasure to get to know you~^.^ SeRim"

"Stephanie.... I'm hungry... ^.^ I hope to have a class meeting one more time with you! Always thank you. and I'm happy. Sang Jun"




No comments:

Post a Comment