Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Happy Birthday, Buddha!

Another three-day weekend in Korea has come and gone, and yet again I find myself basking in thoughts like "How did I get so lucky?" and "Man, life is good!" Thanks to the Buddha's Birthday holiday, six friends and myself were able to escape a bit further away than usual to an island off the south coast called Bogil-do. Two years ago, about the same number of friends and I found a little secluded beach on this same island on the same holiday... Only one of those friends was with me this time around, but we had an equally amazing weekend as we enjoyed good food, good company and perfect weather. A few pictures:

The ferry ride over to Bogil-do, after several hours on a bus.

Hummus, couscous, feta salad and red wine... Happiness.

Girly entertainment on the beach.

Upon arrival to the beach, we were less than enthused about these big ugly floaty things... They soon became a favorite spot to ride the waves and have a dance party.

Dana and I enjoying our $7 hammocks that we purchased in India.

The beach was covered in these beautiful little shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment