Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Da Boyz

I don't often write about teaching, or my students. I don't have the brain power to write any of that now, but I thought I'd post some pictures while I'm sitting here at my desk at school, in my third hour of doing NOTHING because there are no classes. Yet, they won't let me leave. Ahh, Korea.

This is one of my favorite first grade classes, mainly becasue of a few humorous students. Their English is good enough they're able to pull out some quick-witted remarks:



The following pictures are from late spring on a first-grade field trip up into the mountains and to a traditional folk village. They were there for three days, but I just went up for the day with a few other teachers:









Yes, I am aware there are girls in these two photos. These were the kids I had in my summer camps. I was luck this past summer and only had a week of camp, and instead of doing a camp only for our students, I did a camp for middle school students from all over Jinju (my one and only chance to work with girls!):





The rest of the pictures are from Sports Day at school about a month ago. Tug-of-War, basketball, table tennis, soccer, the students got to spend an entire day playing and watching these and more. Knowing my background in soccer, some teachers tried to make me referee the championship soccer game; I kindly refused to be head referee, but gladly accepted the position of sideline ref:









These boys make me laugh on a daily basis. I wish I could pick out a few from each class and just bottle up their jokes and their smiles and funny little things that they do during class and outside in the hallways and streets. I certainly am NOT ready to leave them just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment