Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Buddha!

Thanks to the nationwide celebration of Buddha's birthday in Korea, I get Friday off from school. A handful of friends and I are heading out of town into the great unknown...

First stop, Gwangju. We're hoping to spend our Thursday night in a pet cafe. Yep, you read that correctly. It's a cafe/coffee shop full of dogs and cats that roam around looking for a warm lap or a pat on the head from the cafe's customers.

Next stop, Bogil-do, or Bogil Island off the southern coast. We're in search of beaches, beauty and--what's another word that begins with "b"? Well, regardless, on the top of my list is the exploration of a new place and some quality R&R (and the occasional mix-in of a late-night noraebang session and some good ol' quality Korean beer).

I shall report back upon my return.

Life is (still) gooooooood...

No comments:

Post a Comment