Thursday, April 22, 2010

TGIF

Just about every week, something changes in our schedule at school. And these changes are always last minute and I'm never told of them until they are actually happening, nor am I ever given a reason as to why they are happening. Today, Friday, my first period class was unexpectedly switched with third period (for a reason unknown to me, which is usually the case). So, I figured all first and third periods were switched and headed to my third period class come the first period bell. But, there was another teacher in there already so I just came back to my desk and didn't have to teach a first period, which brings my shedule down to teaching two classes today.

I love Fridays.


Lunch time is a total of an hour and ten minutes here, from the time the lunch bell rings to the time the fifth period bell rings. Every day, at about 1:20pm (lunch is from 12:40 to 1:50), a science teacher comes up to my desk to ask me how I am doing on that day and if he can take a seat. He's very interested in practicing his English, which is mediocre at best. But hey, at least he's trying, right? Everyday, we talk about the weather. And spring and how the flowers are blooming and the leaves will soon sprout. And, he usually teaches me something about plants here, since I think he's a gardener/farmer. Every other week he and his wife visit his hometown, about half hour from Jinju, where his mother and aunts and uncles still live and farm. They go hiking and pick wild mountain herbs and tend to their orchards and gardens. It sounds pretty amazing, and he's invited me to come along at any time.

The sun is out today, finally. I think tomorrow's weather will be nice, but it is still teasing us because it's supposed to go back to grey skies come Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment