Sunday, March 18, 2012

Party in the Taxi

A beautiful sunny, (almost) spring day... I bused over to a friend's apartment to grab the last of my belongings that I'd stored at her place while I was in India. Hailed a cab back to my campus apartment and almost immediately the taxi driver was asking me my age and if I had a boyfriend. I should have said "yes."

The entire ride back he's trying to convince me to go get soju with him ("oppa," he referred to himself, which can be used as a term of endearment for an older guy/boyfriend). He turns up the dance music playing in his car and starts dancing in the car at every red light and turning back to look at me and try to convince me again to go get soju with him. First it was just an invite for soju sometime in the future, then it became tomorrow, and THEN, when I declined both of those, it became a "Let's go get one bottle of soju NOW"

Hahaha!! I love Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment