Monday, March 19, 2012

The Correlation Between Leisure Time and Happiness...

It must be directly related.

Going on two weeks--no, my third week!--here in Korea without any work. Don't worry, that's coming soon and frankly, I'm looking forward to having something to do. BUT, with that said, it's been SO nice having so much free time in my day-to-day life.

Tonight, while dining in the on-campus cafeteria (where I eat for free!), a student approached me and, after some small talk, asked me if I'd be willing to edit her personal statement and academic plan essays that she wrote as part of her application for graduate school at one of Korea's top universities in Seoul. This wasn't so random as it sounds, as she was in one of the classes that I subbed for last fall...

She's Chinese but has been studying Korean since university in China and I was quite impressed by her essay. It really made me think back to being one of those young, ambitious university students with big dreams. Not that I've lost my big dreams, but they just seem to change as the years go by.

But anyway... It was really sweet how she asked me and showed her appreciation for my help and it made me SUPER excited for this semester! I'M READY TO WORK!!!!!! I think I'm realllllly going to like teaching university students... The guy who's been subbing for me the past two weeks, a friend of mine, has told me that my class is lovely so I absolutely cannot wait to meet them!

No comments:

Post a Comment