Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate this day. To those of you who don't, happy Friday off from work or school :)

Today I'll be venturing out of town to a city called Tongyeong, which lies on the southern tip of the Korean peninsula. It sounds as though there will be about 8-10 foreign teachers on this trip, organized by a Kiwi woman whom I've not yet met.

I've made a nice group of friends here thus far, as there are quite a few teachers here in Jinju, which has a population of around 340,000 people. Last night, for Christmas Eve, six of us went out for pizza at a local chain called Mr. Pizza, whose slogan is "Love for Women." (Someday I will dedicate an entire blog post to all of the amusing English phrases I read here, like "Thousand Ireland Dressing" on a bottle of dressing I saw at the grocery store). Two of my friends arrived only two weeks before me, so it's nice to have some fellow "newbies" to learn with, and the others have been here at least 4-5 months and they've got all the answers so it works out nicely for me :)

Enjoy your holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas, lady! I am happy to hear that you made it safely and that you are already having so many Stephanie-esque adventures! I am excited to continue to read all about them! Take good care my friend; lets skype soon! Sending lots of love your way! Miss you! --Em

    ReplyDelete