Monday, October 25, 2010

I've Got Sunshine...

I was sent home a half-hour early yesterday so the entire school could be sprayed down with disinfectant after a student's recent diagnosis of TB last Friday. Yes, as in tuberculosis.

Apparently we're getting chest x-rays tomorrow?

Another student, only days before, was diagnosed with leukemia. I don't know the health status of either of the students, but neither of these things is good news.

A few days ago I mentioned it was officially fall. Upon stepping outside this morning, it felt more like winter. HOLY HELL where did all this cold air suddenly come from??

Jinju was host to Korean's national sports competition this year, which coincided with the famous Lantern Festival held every October. So, the city built a brand new stadium and sports complex, complete with facilities for soccer, track, basketball, tennis, roller blading, skateboarding, volleyball AND last but not least, rock climbing. SO, a few friends and I met up yesterday evening to hit up the rock wall at the stadium. It was my first time to this place (which is an $8 taxi ride away; or, I can take a bus, but the bus only comes by my house every hour or two, I haven't quite figured it out yet). But this place is incredible! It makes me just want to go, soccer ball, basketball, climbing gear in hand and hang out for like six hours doing all sorts of random sports-related activities. Oh, it's also right on the river so there's always the river path to run along.

Anyways, my point in that entire paragraph was to say that somewhere in between about 5pm and 8pm last night, the weather turned dramatically and now it's FREEZING COLD. Here's to hoping there's still a little warmth in the afternoon air under the sun... At least there's still sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment