Monday, February 18, 2013

The End is Nigh

Just over a year ago I thought I'd be leaving Korea, but it turns out I didn't. "Just one more year" is not an uncommon mantra for those of us who have found ourselves living and working in South Korea. Korea is a place that offers a comfortable (yet sometimes unfulfilling), easy (yet not without its challenges) and leisure-filled life (should you desire and seek it).

I've had the opportunity to live abroad in a foreign country, experience new kinds of work, make room for personal growth, gain some life-long friends, create everlasting memories, travel around other parts of Asia, save money, pursue new and old hobbies, and develop what I expect to be an attachment to this country and its people and culture (especially the food!) for the remainder of my life.

Korea has no doubt been a very special experience and one of the best memories of my life, but it's now officially time to move on. No more "Just one more year" excuses. That is, of course, unless things don't work out for me after I leave. I could always do just one more year...

No comments:

Post a Comment