Monday, November 12, 2012

The Six-Month Summary

As I've been extremely neglectful of this blog the past six months, here's a little run-down of what I've been up to:

Starting in, Oregon...

Watched my brother propose to his girlfriend at her nursing school graduation and pinning ceremony:..



Enjoyed fine food and fresh eats that are difficult to get my hands on in Korea...







Watched records being broken at the US Olympic Trials for track and field...



Road-tripped and camped through Eastern Oregon with my dad...





Loved on my little kitty Luna, who I miss dearly...



Admired many of Oregon's mountains from afar...





Jumped, climbed, crawled and ran through obstacles and muddy pits with my two best friends in the Dirty Dash...




Said "So long" once again to the people I love most back home...


Now, back to Korea...

Worked a four-week high school English camp and taught some amazing and inspiring students...



Spent two weeks on Jeju Island with my boyfriend and endured two large-scale typhoons in a row, with a little beach time on the side in between the massive storms...




Started fall semester and immediately started the bonding process with my class, Class 4, by none other than a night out full of soju and Korean drinking games (something worthy of a solo post one of these days, they're so hilarious)...




Had picnics by the riverside in Jinju (one of my favorite things about this city) with good food and good people...


Joined an ultimate frisbee team in Busan and started dedicating most of my weekends to learning and playing the sport as a rookie of the game...







Cheered on my Oregon Ducks from afar...


Enjoyed the annual Jinju Lantern Festival just one more time before I say goodbye to this beautiful country...



Spent five fabulous days with four wonderful people way up north in Gangwondo on a road trip, camping on the beach at night and climbing mountains during the day in my favorite national park in Korea, Seoraksan...









And, naturally, stopping at the large penis-park along the way...



More frisbee weekends, including one entire weekend playing on the beach...










Took cheesy photos in a photo booth during my second visit to Jeju Island over Halloween weekend...





Had a huge Halloween party at the university where I teach...




Lost in the semi-finals during the ultimate frisbee playoffs, but went out feeling love for all the amazing new people and wonderful new sport that came into my life...








Hard to believe this chapter of my life is coming to an end after three years, but I am so thankful for all who have been part of my life in Korea and the experiences that I have been so lucky to have. And luckily, I have much to look forward to when I leave! In other words, I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment