Saturday, November 5, 2011

60 Days...

And counting.

In 60 days, I will leave Korea. Just past midnight on Friday, January 6th, I will hop on a plane to Malaysia. I will have until the afternoon of January 10th to do as I please and then take one more flight, landing in Kochi, India. From there, who knows...

It's hard to believe this part of my life is coming to an end, but endings and new beginnings, and goodbyes to old friends and hellos to new friends, are not things that I'm unfamiliar with anymore. It's just part of the life I've chosen to live and though it can get tiring, it's also become somewhat of a comfort for me. So, here's to the next phase of this glorious thing called life!

Please enjoy some pictures from my two most recent adventures in Maisan and Wolchulsan National Parks:

Maisan roughly translates to "Horse's Ear"; the name for the park comes from the two small peaks that, at the right angle, resemble horse's ears. In between is a temple where once, a long time ago, a man lived for fifty years building little stone towers.







Before we set off on our hike in Wolchulsan, some Koreans called a few of us over to try some of their local delicacy--raw sting ray. I've enjoyed most seafood and raw fish I've eaten in Asia, but this rates at the bottom of my list. Needless to say, I can at least say I've tried it...?









We spent the first day in Wolchusan hiking, and the second day climbing a type of rock that none of us are used to--slab. This time of climbing is solely dependent on friction and the ability to balance one's body properly. As you can see, there aren't any real holds for your feet--one of the most important things in climbing. I loved it, but not all felt the same...




No comments:

Post a Comment